Monday, June 14, 2010

Tip #14: Rain Sensors and beyond

I have talked before about the importance of an irrigation rain sensor. As I continue my tips for July's Smart Irrigation Month, I am once again blogging about the importance of that. It drives me crazy when I see an irrigation system running in the rain because as I said before an irrigation system is meant to supplement rainfall. What a huge waste of water!

Since 2005 it has been state law that all new irrigation systems have a rain sensor. It will save you money, in some cases, as much as 15% over time. If you went as far as to get an automated irrigation system installed why should you have to run and cut it off at the threat of rain? Our current special is 10% of all water efficient products on irrigation repair calls. Believe me it is smart to have a rain sensor that will pay for itself in less than a season.

No comments:

Post a Comment